201 - Master the light
You already know how to use your camera and what Aperture, ISO and Shutter speed do for your photographs but how do they affect the light reaching your subject? In this class, we will cover not only the camera settings but also the type, size, distance and power of light. You will learn how to setup your lights for the most know portrait setup, how to use modifying gels to enhance your subject, modify your background on the cheap and several other tricks and technology to use. Not only would you learn to use lights in a studio environment but also to complement the beautiful natural light we can get both inside and outside.
How can that impact your business? After taking this class you can also offer premium portrait packages for young children, seniors, engagements, and weddings. Additionally, you will differentiate yourself from your competitors and have a real added value for your customer.
The cost is $xxx (TDB) for the 3 part of the class and its booklet (summary and visual aid).
1st part (2 hours)
- Different types of light
- Using flash on camera
- Light attachemnt, diffusers and reflectors
- Inverse square law
- Effect of light on diverse subjects
2nd part (2 hours)
- Three point lighting setup
- Basic light setup for portrait
- How does a flash work with a camera
- Creating different background and effect
- Using the flash with under the sun
- Using gels and High Speed Sync or ND filters
3rd part (2-3 hours)
- Workshop - Product photography
- Workshop - Portrait photography with your own setup
For all part of the class please bring your camera, lens, camera manual and something to take notes with will be needed for every class.
And for each part bring the following:
- 1st part: bring 2-3 of your favorite pictures you took.
- 2nd part: bring back your homework.
- 3rd part: bring back your home, and you can also bring your light equipment if you have one.
|San Luis Valley Water Conservancy District 623 East 4th St 81101 Alamosa, CO||Please park in the parking lot and enter through the side door in the back.|
Please return to the Schedule and payment page to check both when the next class will happen and to make payment.
The cost is non-refundable, which includes the class in 3 parts, a detailed booklet summary, and the registration fee.
Payment must be submitted at the beginning of the first class by cash or check to the order of "Yael DeFaye".
Online payment should be ready in May 2017.