101 - Master the camera
You will learn how to use your camera properly to get the photography you want. Your camera is set to automatically detect the light coming through the lens and doesn’t always know what is going on in the scene. Knowing how to set up your camera in specific situations will get you the picture you have in mind. You will learn to use the shutter speed to freeze fast action photography and the aperture for blurring the background of your portraits. Additionally, we will go over filters, tripods and different accessories available to photographers. Start here if you are a hobbyist or looking to open your photography business.
The cost is $120 for the 3 part of the class and its booklet (summary and visual aid).
1st part (2 hours)
- Introduction to the different camera modes
- Dynamic range and HDR
- RAW vs JPEG
- Metering and Focus modes
- Composition rules
- Exposure Triangle - ISO
2nd part (2 hours)
- Exposure Triangle - Shutter
- Low shutter speed situation
- Fast shutter speed situation
- Review of different filters
- Night sky photography
- Workshop: light painting
3rd part (2 hours)
- Exposure Triangle - Aperture
- Different ways to control the depth of field
- Review of different type of lens
- Macro photography
- Sunny rule 16
- Review about release form
For all part of the class please bring your camera, lens, camera manual and something to take notes with will be needed for every class.
And for each part bring the following:
- 1st part: bring 2-3 of your favorite pictures you took.
- 2nd part: bring a tripod and a small flashlight.
- 3rd part: nothing specific unless otherwise stated.
|San Luis Valley Water Conservancy District|
623 East 4th St
81101 Alamosa, CO
|Please park in the parking lot and|
enter through the side door in the back.
Please return to the Schedule and payment page to check both when the next class will happen and to make payment.
The cost is non-refundable, which includes the class in 3 parts, a detailed booklet summary, and the registration fee.
Payment must be submitted at the beginning of the first class by cash or check to the order of "Yael DeFaye".
Online payment should be ready in May 2017.